Now I have heard it all…
Teachers, scroll down for a quick list of key resources in our Teachers Toolkit.
A 17th century flatologist studies a flatulent monkey.
Engraving courtesy the Wellcome Library, London. CC-BY-4.0
- So, scientists have compiled a database of animal farts. What are farts?
- Farts, also known as flatulence, describe gas generated or held in the stomach or intestines, and expelled through the anus.
- Farting is literally passing gas: the root word of flatulence is the Latin word flatus, meaning “a blowing, breaking wind.”
- The scientific study of farts is called flatology. Really!
- Those who have the ability to fart at will are known as flatulists, and have been entertaining people for more than 1,500 years. (And that’s just documented. Our guess is…
View original post 362 more words