Have you ever wondered what dog works best, with your zodiac sign?
These are the signs to look out for when getting a new puppy from a breeder. If you come across the following, do not purchase the dog:
- Breeder doesn’t encourage you to visit puppies before selection one of two.
- The dogs don’t appear to be cared for or look sick
- The parents or mother in particular is aggressive, shy or anxious
- Puppies are kept in dirty environment, scared to ply and shy away from touch.
- Breeder doesn’t ask you about your living conditions and doesn’t have knowledge of dogs. Seems eager to sell.
- Breeder refuses to show you parent dog i.e. a mother, and refuses to show you their environment.
- Breeder doesn’t provide any medical records or history of a puppy.
- You are not given a certificate of vaccinations, deworming or micro chipping.
- Breeder raises a few different breeds of dogs and doesn’t seem competent.
- The price is extremely low, compared to other breeders.
- The dogs have lived without intensive human contact, and are scared when held.
The general rule is getting a puppy at 8 weeks old or later. It is essential for puppies to spend its first 8 weeks with its mother and siblings. In this short time frame, the puppy learns basic social behavior from its mother. It develops its personality and learns how to get along with other dogs. If a puppy, is taken too early away from its mother, than it might miss out on learning basic social behavior. We all want our puppy to be happy and social.
Signs of a Healthy Puppy
- Clear eyes and an alert gaze
- The fur should be shiny, healthy and well kept
- No discharge from eyes or nose
- Has a nice “puppy tummy” and is well nourished
- The anal region is clean
- Puppy is curious and full of life, no trouble of running around, jumping and exploring everything around it
- Expect dog’s droppings. There must not be white “rice” marks (tapeworm segments) nor diarrhea
- Check fur for fleas, by running your fingers against the lay of the hair
- Check for blindness by moving an interesting object in front of them and check their reaction time